ZZEE PHP GUI 3.1.0
ZZEE PHP GUI is an easy-to-install PHP application solution for Windows. It sets up in seconds and works out-of-the-box.
Before ZZEE PHP GUI you were not able to run PHP files directly in GUI mode. If you wanted, for example, to develop a PHP script with a form for selecting some options, that manipulates files on your computer, this would become a non-trivial task.
You would need a webserver set up and running on your computer, then install and configure PHP support for it, then place a script to the webserver's directory, then open a browser, and then type a URL like "http://localhost/script.php". This would create various problems, including security issues and additional system load for a permanent server process, let alone awkwardness of the whole thing. On the other hand, if you click a PHP script in the Windows Explorer, it will run in the command line mode, not GUI as you may have expected.
ZZEE PHP GUI solves these problems altogether. Now you can rapidly develop Windows GUI applications by employing the familiar PHP web paradigm. Thanks to ZZEE PHP GUI, PHP scripts can become full-featured Windows programs. You also can use it to test your website scripts without uploading them first.
You don't need to call ZZEE PHP GUI directly - just click on a PHP file - and ZZEE PHP GUI will run the script in the webbrowser/webserver mode. PHP files or links to them don't have to reside in a special directory, they can be in any folder, on the desktop or in the Start Menu.
ZZEE PHP GUI comes with a built-in webserver, which doesn't use TCP/IP, a built-in webbrowser (Internet Explorer based) running with high permissions, which offers maximum possibilities and one of the latest versions of PHP, coming with the most popular modules. It also includes preconfigured SQLite and PHP bcompiler.
Key Features of ZZEE PHP GUI:
- You can run a PHP script in GUI mode by double-clicking on a file in the Windows Explorer
- You can integrate Perl and other script interpreters with ZZEE PHP GUI, the program also supports CGI exe files
- ZZEE PHP GUI doesn't use TCP/IP to emulate webserver / webbrowser interaction
- Nobody can connect to ZZEE PHP GUI's webserver. There are no conflicts with HTTP servers, proxies or firewalls
- Script execution doesn't depend on availability of network connections
- ZZEE PHP GUI's internal webbrowser runs with high permissions, providing the possibilities that are often disabled in regular webbrowsers for security reasons
- The built-in webserver can understand .htaccess files, its logs are compatible with Apache
- The built-in webbrowser is based on Internet Explorer and thus standards compatible
- ZZEE PHP GUI is integrated with PHP right out-of-the-box, you don't have to hassle with settings
- Easy access to php.ini, error and HTTP logs
- There is no permanent server process running.
- Internet Explorer 5.5 or newer
- 30 days trial
- The red evaluation band is shown on the browser
- You can not turn off the user interface
- No more than one script interpreter is allowed
- No more than one virtual webhost is allowed
What's New in This Release ZZEE PHP GUI:
- Cookies, AJAX, popups are fixed, PHP 5.2.6 included, other changes.