SpidEye is like a spider's eye, showing what a Web Crawler would see while navigating the web. From each page visited it collects and summaries relevant information that are meant to assist webmasters on the design of their web pages for bots.
This freeware provides full HTML navigation, displays section. Validates documents (W3C) and shows source code in advanced multi syntax highlighter. Generates a unique word list (for spell check and word analyzes).
Key Features of SpidEye:
- Validation: Connects to Markup Validation service provided by W3C, for both local and remote files. It synchronizes validation messages (warnings and errors) with Code and displayed HTML for easy identification.
- Code: Shows site's source code in advanced multi PHP, (X)HTML, WML, CSS, JS syntax highlighter (SynWeb).
. Full HTML Navigation
. Displays < NoFrames > section of a compound document (FrameSet)
. List of Favorites
. Configurable Homepage
. Customizable Proxy/Port
- HTML Tags: Organize relevant bots tags: Meta, Anchors (highlighting broken or unknown anchors) and Links.
- Text: Generates a unique word list with occurrence count (for spell check and word analyzes) and calculates Text to Code ratio (Text/Code).
- FavIcon: Displays image type besides all sizes and resolutions of the site's Favorite Icon.
- File Info: Give file information and calculates file hash (using SHA 256). If requested, can monitor text modifications per site, detecting possible unauthorized tampering (hacker).
- Documentation: For each item or property displayed, a detailed information web-page is available under the Help menu.
. No installation necessary.
. Can run on USB:Flashdrive / Stick / Pen.
. Make no entries to the Windows® registry.
. Leave no data on the guest computer.
. Sends no information, unless a page verification is required.