Server2Go lets you to create a working web site or PHP program on a CD-ROM. It is a Webserver that runs out of box without any installation. That means it is a webserver that can run directly from cdrom, usb stick or from any folder on harddisk. Server2Go allows you to create a standalone working web site or PHP application on a CD-ROM. Server2Go was primary developed for the usage on CD-ROM but there is no problem use it from other drives too.
Using a web browser, a user can run php programs as well as view html files on the CD-ROM. He only need to insert a CD with Server2Go under the supported Windows operations systems. The server starts automaticly and opens a browser with the Website of the CD-ROM. Server2Go was build to replace a tool called WampOnCD that lacks some important features and isn't activly developed. Server2Go supports PHP5, SQLite and MySQL.
Key Features of Server2Go:
- Runs directly from CD-ROM
- Full featured webserver (based on apache)
- PHP 5.0.4 support with many extensions installed (i.e. gd)
- Supports SQLite databases
- Running on all Windows Win 98 and newer
- Support for MySQL Databases
- Supports many PHP extensions (GD-Lib, PDO...) by default
- Support for Perl 5.8
What's New in This Release Server2Go:
- Fixing bug with APC
- Fixing bug with SQLite
- Fixing bug with Shutdown-Exe-File-Starter
- Made some smaller Win7 improvements