Some web sites (like IMDb) prevent external scripts from parsing their contents by denying request without a user-agent string. Though this can be circumvented by manually sending the necessary headers, this is usually too complicated.
This BrowserEmulator class with its methods fopen and file wraps the fsockopen calls and sends all the necessary headers before returning a file handle usable with any PHP function.
As a side-effect, you may be able to break the restrictions of allow_url_fopen = Off with these functions!
Features of BrowserEmulator:
- completely transparent wrapper for fsockopen
- PHP-like interfaces: BrowserEmulator::fopen (corresponds to fopen) and BrowserEmulator::file (corresponds to file)
- usable with all PHP file handling methods (fgets and so on)
- can send GET or POST requests
- custom header lines can be sent
- POST data can be sent
- Basic HTTP Authentication
- custom destination port numbers
- show last HTTP response
More popular Networking Tool
- 7.0 KB
- 01/17/2004 15:16:08
- 17.6 KB
- 03/25/2002 11:28:10