Bitmasks that are longer than 32 bits can be manipulated and the GMP PHP extension is not required for arbitrary bit length support. This absence of limits may encourage the storage of more complex data than merely true or false lists for those that are creative enough to figure it out.
Although PHP programmers commonly rely on databases to do much of the grunt work that is most commonly done by bitmasks in other types of programming, they can be used for tracking things such as user permissions, product options, and even complex data structures.
Key Features of BitmaskMagic:
- Convert arrays of booleans to bitmasks
- Convert bitmasks to booleans
- Convert bitmasks to arrays of booleans
- Store virtually unlimited bit depth bitmasks in string form
- Query individual bits to see if they are set
- Enter an associative array, manipulate bits and return the array in either the full array or only the values that are set
More popular Math
- 2.8 KB
- 11/25/2008 11:53:26
- 5.0 KB
- 11/25/2008 11:53:24