Animus Error Catcher in PHP 1.0
This script lets you handle your 404 and 500 errors a bit more effectively. When a page is not found or a script crashes, the visitor is shown a page that you've customized to match the look of your web site.
Since you can customize the page, you can add a link to your search engine, your site map, et cetera. In the background, the script logs the URL that the visitor came from for 404s (so you can fix those errors) and the error code generated from 500s (so you can fix it). Finally, the script gives the user the option of letting you know what they were looking for/what happened, so you can fix these problems a lot quicker.
Features of Animus Error Catcher in PHP:
- Can edit or create your .htaccess file, so you don't have to.
- Allows you to fully customize the look of your error pages, so that people don't feel like they've left your web site when they get a 404 or 500, so users don't feel like they've left your site when they have a problem.
- Can be set to send you an e-mail when a certain file is requested but not found a certain number of times, so you can respond quicker.
- Permits your users to enter information about the error, helping you find out what caused it.
- Keeps track of how many times a non-existant page is requested and how many times scripts crash, so you can know where your problems are.